How to get started on Making a Website on WordPress, step by step procedure:
- Pick a name for your domain
- Choose your package and provider for hosting
- Install WordPress and choose your favorite theme
- Learn about WordPress Dashboard and pick WordPress plugins for you
- Customize the website according to your style!
- Firstly, download the WordPress package in your selected device from the WordPress site.
- Unzip the file that will be downloaded in your computer in a folder.
- Then proceed by uploading WordPress to your hosting account. After unzipping the file, you will be left with a folder called “WordPress, “which you are required to upload on your hosting account. You are given three options for uploading WordPress to your hosting account.
- Upload it via:
- File Manager
- Then create MySQL Database and User by logging onto cPanel. In the databases, section click on the MySQL icon/option.
- Enter the database name and enter the user id and password and proceed to click on create the user. Then add the user to the database and do not forget to click on all privileges checkbox.
- Next, configure wp-config.php
- Log onto cPanel and in the files section, click on the File Manager icon. Then from the left navigation menu, click on public_html to open the folder on the right side.
- Go on settings to open the pop-up screen. Then click on show hidden files(dotfiles) and click save.
- Then locate the wp-config-sample.php file.
- Then rename the file to wp-config.php and save the changes.
- Click on wp-config.php and click on edit by right-clicking
- A pop-up screen will open and click again on edit.
- When the file opens, it will display coding.
- Now replace the following:
- database_name_here to the name of your database
- username_here to the name of your username
- password_here to the password you had created
- Save the changes you made.
- Run and complete the installation. You will have to complete the steps given by WordPress and fill out the necessary and relevant information and, finally, install WordPress.
Using WordPress Sitemap has the potential of positively affecting your website. Creating sitemaps will help you search for engine bots to index and crawl your site more easily. Thus, making your web pages visible to several search engines. So, how do you create a sitemap for WordPress? Continue reading!
What is WordPress Sitemap?
The sitemap is a list that navigates its visitors and search engines to all the accessible pages on a given website.
Sitemaps have gained importance over the years because of SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Sitemaps inform (s) the search engine (s) about the change that occurs on your website structure and layout. This allows bots to index and crawl faster to your site.
Sitemaps can be categorized into HTML and XML WordPress sitemaps, respectively.
XML sitemaps have the metadata together with URLs of websites along with information, including when a specific URL was updated or had changes made to, and so on. XML sitemaps mostly focus on search engine (s).
HTML sitemaps provide navigation to the visitors, which is straightforward. It displays where the main highlights of the website. Thus, making your website more user-friendly and increasing your search engine ranking. HTML sitemaps are mostly written for visitors.
It is one of the most popular redirecting managers in WordPress. With the help of redirect, you can easily manage 301 redirections, keep track of 404 error and sort any small problems that your website may have.
Ways for installing WordPress Redirect?
- Download the redirection.zip
- Unzip the file
- Upload the redirection directory to your wp-content/plugins
- Go to public management and enable the plugin
- Configure the options from the tool/redirection page
- And activate the plugin
WordPress RSS Feed
RSS in WordPress is a sort of web feed that allows users to receive regular updates from a website or blog of their choice.
It works by publishing your latest content in an XML document. The feed will include your articles or summary and metadata for each item like author, date, time and year, category, and so on.
RSS also makes it easier for your users to subscribe to your content/feed. The users can receive updates from your blog or website directly in their feed reader, and other devices.
Log on to your WordPress admin area. Click on widgets in the appearance section. Proceed to click on the add button next to RSS and edit the RSS.
It is the first screen that you will see when you log into the admin area of your blog, and it will also display an overview of the website. It is also a section of gadgets that provide information and an overview of the website and what is happening with your blog.
WordPress SEO Plugins
All in One SEO Pack is a known WordPress SEO Plugin that offers a comprehensive set of tools to improve and make your website better.
It will allow you to easily add SEO titles, open graph meta tags, XML site maps, and much more. It works out of the box with WooCommerce, which optimizes your online store from SEO.
WordPress Google Analytics
You can double your sales and traffic when you use Google Analytics. The MonsterInsights show the essential stats to you so that you can grow your business on many levels.
The good piece of news reveals that MonsterInsights arrives ant alone. It comes along with Google Analytics Dashboard specifically for WordPress, and it shows you detailed analytics reports from your WordPress Dashboard.
MonsterInsights is the most powerful Google Analytics plugin so far that it is easy and powerful for WordPress users.
These are the reports that you will receive through Google Analytics so that your time is not wasted behind reading unnecessary data and information.
The reports are:
- Audience Reports
- Content Reports
- Custom Dimensions Reports
- Behavior Reports
- Ecommerce Reports
- Search Console Reports
- Forms Reports
Here are the ways for installing it:
- Install Google Analytics by MonsterInsights via WordPress’s website or by uploading files to your server.
- Stimulate Google Analytics concerning WordPress.
- Go towards the Insights label on the WordPress administration menu and set up the plugin.